Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
In order to increase the possibility of a higher ranking in popular web search engines, such as Google and Yahoo!, the following actions are included in the websites I develop:
- Title, Meta tags and keywords to be included and available on all pages.
- Search engine friendly website construction using structured and standards compliant XHTML & CSS.
- Keyword analysis within the content and link titles of primary templates such as the homepage.
- Submission to major search engines (for hosted sites only).
- Creation & submission of a Google Sitemap for increased prominence and relevance within Google’s search criteria (for hosted sites only).
There are many organisations that claim to offer simple ways of reaching the top of the search results but in truth no one can guarantee a first page position on sites like Google because Google constantly revise the criteria that determines how sites are listed. However certain fundamentals will always apply and these include a well structured, standards compliant XHTML build with SEO kept in mind during the development phase to ensure effective use of headings and links within a page.
Submission to the search engines is also important and included in the services that I offer is the submission to the 25 leading search engines and a Google sitemap. A Google sitemap lists all the pages on your site in XML format and tells Google how the site is laid out in order to give Google a better chance of understanding and listing your site, this is another technique that on its own does very little but the combined effect this service offers in conjunction with other techniques makes for a better chance of a top listing on Google.