WordPress / Front-End Web Developer
We are a small web agency with big ambitions to help our clients to grow, flourish and achieve through digital design.
Our goal is to generate digital strategies and websites that really sell, through a combination of innovative ideas, industry experience and strong delivery. Our work is varied, interesting and has the potential to make a big difference to the businesses we work with. We have a range of diverse clients from a range of industries, so no two days in the studio are ever the same!
Our ideal candidate would bring skills, enthusiasm and technical solutions, along with a fun and positive attitude. In return, we will ensure you have opportunities to work on a range of live web projects, develop your software and coding skills, attend client meetings, and get involved in every aspect of the process.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced WordPress / Front-End Web Developer to fill a part-time role within the agency.
The purpose of the role is to assist with delivering exciting client projects for web. This will involve cropping artwork for assets, creating HTML and working with WordPress and other online / offline software tools.
- Working with WordPress to create a theme, sometimes from scratch sometimes using our in-house frameworks or other themes/frameworks
- Using WooCommerce and other e-commerce plugins/platforms to create online sales tools
- Working with PhotoShop files from the designer to cropping assets
- Populating supplied content via WordPress
- On-going content management to manage client websites
- Researching, installing and setting up plugins as well as managing updates
- Familiar with basic SEO concepts: Titles, Metas, Schema, Anchor text, Site Structure, Information Architecture
- Technical input into design projects for web
- Liaising with clients to understand their needs
- Occasionally working with email campaign management and social media tools for business
- Attending local networking events to meet business owners from different sectors
No agencies please
Job Type: Part-Time permanent
16-20 hours per week during the standard office hours of 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000 per year (pro-rata), dependant on experience
Annual Leave: 20 days (pro-rata) plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
Location: Our office is located in a leafy part of Sutton Coldfield town centre, within two minutes stroll from Sutton Coldfield Train station and major bus routes.
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience
- HTML, CSS and other common web languages
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office applications
- Social Media knowledge
- MailChimp or similar
- Other Adobe software (e.g. Illustrator)
- Eager to Learn
- Professional and presentable
- An eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- WordPress: 1 year+
- Agency experience desirable but not essential
Email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com