What will happen in an AI dominated future?
This is a photograph of a soldier in 1918 from the Harlem Hellfighters, also known as the 369th Infantry Regiment, striking a pose with a small puppy. During a moment of calm in a difficult period of history.
Let’s come back to them at the end. But first…
We’re going to dive into the exciting world of the future where machines do the mundane tasks, leaving us more time for the fun stuff.
A world of automation and efficiency, saving us from the soul-sucking monotony.
No more mind-numbing data entry or repetitive chores!
I am talking about Artificial Intelligence or AI and how many human tasks will become obsolete in a future of AI dominance.
However with the onset of AI, the future for many jobs holds uncertainty, and we must brace ourselves for the storm of change.
AI has the potential to automate various tasks and potentially replace certain job roles altogether.
Here are some examples of job roles that could be affected by AI automation:
- Routine Administrative Tasks: AI can automate repetitive admin tasks such as data entry, scheduling, and document preparation.
- Manufacturing and Assembly Line Jobs: AI-powered robots and machines can take over repetitive and physically demanding tasks on assembly lines and distribution warehouses, reducing the need for human workers in those roles.
- Customer Service and Support: AI chatbots and virtual assistants are increasingly being used to handle customer inquiries, providing instant responses and support.
- Transportation and Delivery: The development of autonomous vehicles and drones could potentially impact jobs in transportation and delivery, particularly in sectors such as trucking, delivery services, and ride-sharing.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping: AI can automate certain aspects of accounting and bookkeeping processes, such as data entry and financial analysis.
- Routine Healthcare Tasks: AI can assist in automating healthcare tasks, such as medical imaging analysis, diagnostics, and administrative documentation.
- Medical Research: AI is a game-changer. It can spot diseases earlier, predict outbreaks and even suggest personalised treatment plans.
- Financial Services: Some tasks in the financial services industry, such as risk assessment, fraud detection, and agorithmic trading, can be automated with AI.
- Agriculture: AI technologies can be used in farming for tasks such as crop monitoring and automated harvesting.
However that is not our opinion, as most of what you’ve just read wasn’t written by a human but by ChatGPT, one of the most popular AI algorithms and one of a handful that have been evolving at a frightening pace in the last 12 months.
We are going to hear a lot about AI in the coming months and years and it’s going to be important to understand where this Brave New World is going to take us and what our role in it will be as more and more tasks and jobs become targets of the AI revolution.
Which brings us back to our photograph.
A moment captured in a time of turbulence and uncertainty. They lived and survived through those difficult times…
Or did they? Because this photo isn’t real, it entirely was generated entirely by AI (Midjourney) and this soldier and his puppy never existed!